The boys played in their second game of the season this morning. Ian's game was first and unfortunately at 8am. This was a bit of a problem because Michelle and I went to Atlanta last night to see some bluegrass music and did not get home and asleep until about 3am. The show, Larry Keel & Natural Bridge with Tony Rice, was good but but we mostly enjoyed seeing our old friends Paul and Claire. I was tired for the games but after a nap this afternoon I am feeling better. Ian played a good game today and helped out his team's 13-9 win by scoring 6, getting several blocks and lots of rebounds. It was an exciting game and we were happy for the Pistons to get their first win. 

Evan's team, the Rockets, played the Celtics at 11:30. This was a really exciting and close game. The score was tied at the end of the first quarter and at the half. At the end of the third quarter the Rockets had taken a 5 point lead and then held it for much of the forth quarter. Unfortunately the Pistons came back and scored 6 to have a one point lead with about 30 seconds left. On the last play of the game the Pistons stole the ball from a Rocket player but Evan stole it back and drove hard and made a nice layup. It was really exciting and his team held on to win 21-20. Evan led his team with 7 points.





We are all done with school and work now... hopefully we can enjoy a few restful days around the house before we pile in the truck and head up to NY. The leaves in the back yard still need to be picked up, Charlie still needs a roof on his doghouse and I still have some last minute shopping to do, so I suspect it will not be too restful around here. I hope everyone has a great Christmas.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Go Pistons! Go Rockets! Way to go Ian and Evan!
Erik, I hope you catch up on your sleep :o). We may save some shoveling for you...
As always, I enjoyed reading the sports reports.
I understand the grandfolks got quite a bit of snow so there should be plenty of snow for snow ball fights, building snowmen, and making snow angels.
Have a safe trip and lots of fun.
Post a Comment