Sunday, November 30, 2008

Charlie has enjoyed having us at home


We are winding down from a nice Thanksgiving holiday. We have been visiting with family most of the break but have also found time to put up our Christmas tree and do some gift shopping.

On Thursday we went to Auburn to celebrate with Michelle's Father (Don's) family. One of his two brothers lives there in a nice house that can accommodate the roughly thirty various family members who were there. It was a nice day and warm enough to enjoy the deck by the pool. The boys kept their tradition of jumping into the pool. The water was quite cold but they love to do it.

The meal there was great, two big turkeys and a ham along with about 15 casseroles. Michelle made a really yummy mac and cheese along with a broccoli/cheese dish. I made a really good pecan tort that was a hit among the various other deserts. I believe I ate way too much but all was too good to not indulge.
Don came back to Birmingham and visited with us on Friday and Saturday. It was nice to have him up here and the boys enjoyed his company. We put up our tree Saturday, we got it up early this year since we are leaving to go to NY on the 26th. It is nice to have it done and looking pretty.
I also have been doing battle with the leaves, I finally broke down and bought a leaf blower. It is handy for keeping the driveway and roof clear. Unfortunately we have way to many leaves in the yard and I will still have to rake a bunch. It has however been a pretty fall as this shot from a tree across the street shows.

I hope everyone had a nice break as well.

4 comments:

G'ma J said...

What a pretty tree photo! We are glad you finally got a leaf blower (since we are converts). As a matter of fact, you almost got one for Christmas but we decided that should be your decision, not ours.
I liked the picture of Charlie, also.
Tell the boys it snowed here a little bit today - sort of a rain/snow mixture, so no accumulation, but I thought of you guys. We bought our tree, also, but won't put it up until later in December. With luck it will still have needles on it when you all arrive!

W'Mina Myers said...

G'ma J's comment made me smile. I'm old school and actually like raking!! T'giving morning I put on my I-pod and had fun raking and filling about 5 large lawn bags while Lee was busy in the kitchen "creating" :)

Your holiday sounded wonderful. Glad you could spend so much time with your family (and Charlie).

And I love that picture of the tree, beautiful colors.

Mr. Myers said...

I think I could manage five bags...our yard has more like 75 large bags. That is not an exaggeration, I count how long we have lived in the house by the raking seasons.

W'Mina Myers said...

75 Bags!!! I'd be getting leaf blowers for the entire family :)

Post a Comment