
A bit of old and new news...
First the old, Evan won best Halloween image for his grade level with the image I have posted. He worked very hard on it and several others. I think he submitted about five. Both the boys love making art. I will probably start new art blogs for them at some point as I think it important to publish their images to an audience.
Now the new news. Evan won the spelling contest for his class and will be representing his classmates again in the upcoming spelling bee. If you remember last year he was a bit nervous and missed his word typhoon. Hopefully he will do better this time around. Ian was disappointed to not make it for his class. He is a also a very good speller, I am not at all sure where they got if from.
Both boys will be taking a geography test soon to try to make it to the geography Bee. Both have been studying hard and I expect they will make it through the first round.
Both boys are doing very well with their piano. They will be having a recital at the retirement home in December and are working on pieces for a competition early next year.
That's it for now.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I was glad to get to read such great coverage of the rest of the tournament! Erik, you could be a sportscaster by now. I did keep up with the tournament all 3 days and was pleased to see some wins on Evan's side in the later games. It sounds like both boys did really well and had a lot of fun.
Well done, boys! Evan, your halloween picture is truly great - and I can tell that you put a lot of work and imagination into it! And good luck, Evan, in your spelling bee. Now that you are a veteran, maybe you won't get nervous. Ian, I know you will make it next year. Lucky for you both that you got your spelling genes from someone other than your dad :o)!! AND good luck to both with the geography test. Enjoy your piano recital, too. Boy you ARE busy!
I enjoyed reading the tournament recap. Thanks for all the detail Erik!
Boys -- good luck to you in the academic competitions and your piano recitals.
Evan, great drawing. I am glad you and Ian both enjoy art. You get that from your dad for sure; actually it runs in the Thompson/ Myers' side of the family quite a bit, doesn't it?!
Art blogs would be a great place to showcase your work.
Post a Comment