Saturday, March 01, 2008


Today was the semi finals and finals of the 2008 tournament

In the semi-finals the Hawks took on the second seeded Pistons who had beat them in the regular season. It was the most exciting and fast paced game of the year. The Pistons took and early lead with the incredible play of their guard Erin Johnson. The Hawks however battled back and were only down by one point at the half. The second half was equally exciting with lead changes and the Hawks having a one point lead with one minute left. Evan was playing with four fouls for the last three minutes of the game. Great defense prevailed and the Hawks won 22-21. Evan had an awesome game and lead the team with 11 points and several assists.

On a sour note, I neglected to bring the battery for my camera so I missed getting any good shots. The finals against the undefeated Sonics tipped off in 45minutes so I hustled home and retrieved the battery. I was extremely disappointed when I got back to find out they started early and I missed the entire first half.

Thus I have nothing to report except that the Hawks held a two point lead at the half.
The second half went quickly and at one point the Hawks were up by four. The Sonics came back and tied the game with a minute left. Unfortunately, they were able to score the go ahead basket with 10 seconds left and the Hawks were not able to get the win. The final score was 22-20, I am not sure on Evan's stats but he played great and scored around 10.

All and all it was a great season with the Hawks finishing with 7 wins and 3 losses.

We now have an allstar team to look forward to. Evan and nine other boys, one from the Hawks, will practice every night this week including tonight. They will play Trussville on Saturday. If they win this game they will go to a state tournament the following weekend in Albertville. I'll keep you posted.

Here are the only decent shots from today's play. Evan taking it to the hole notice the left hand dribble.

3 comments:

G'ma J said...

Congratulations Hawks! You had quite a day yesterday and should be proud of yourselves. Evan, way to go! You'll have a busy week getting ready for the All star game. Good luck! Tell your dad to remember his camera for the game(with the battery!).

TD said...

Way to go Hawks! Congratulations Evan on making the allstar team. I wish I could be there to see you play in the allstar game. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome way to end the season!

It's been a real treat following Evan and the Hawks. Thanks again for recaps on their games and all the pictures.

Look forward to news on the All Star game. Have a good week,

Austin Fam

Post a Comment