Sorry for the lack of posts... we have been rather busy. We now have our house officially on the market. You can find it online 312 Redwood St. It is with mixed emotions that we are selling it. In order to get it ready to sell we have done more fixing up including all the little things that I had been procrastinating about for so long. Thus, now it is so beautiful that I am reluctant to part with it. The problem is that the layout of the house is not going to work much longer with these two rather large boys running around. Also we have an opportunity to possibly change jobs and move to Auburn. We went there today to have our interviews. Both went very well and I am confidant that we will both get offers. Unfortunately for me I was not overly thrilled with the new digs or subjects. At Auburn the photography class is only 9 weeks and the equipment and set up pales when compared to where I am now. Photography alternates with a 9 week ceramics class that could be fun once I remember how to do that. I would also have to teach a couple of art fundamentals class that I am really not very interested in pursuing. These issues along with a much less desirable facility have left me thinking that we may want to stay put. Michelle still wants to move even if we do stay in Birmingham. The trick will be finding a house we want that we can also afford that is close enough to the boys schools. We would love to live in Homewood, but the house prices are really out of sight and it will be hard to find something that will work. Any who, I will try to keep you posted on how it all works out.
In other news, the boys are great and both have 2-0 soccer records so far. Both play two games this weekend but unfortunately at the same times. Evan did very well in the state geography Bee. He answered 6 of his 9 questions correctly. He had a great attitude and is looking forward to winning next year.
I wanted to share some photos from our spring break to South Carolina. We had a wonderful time camping at Edisto Island, and exploring Charleston. Many of these photos were taken at a place we found called Botany Bay. It was a plantation ruin that is now a wildlife management area. We rode bikes all around and ended up at a really pristine beach that was just covered with shells.
Hope everyone is fine, see you at the wedding.
View at Botany Bay
Lots of shells, many nice ones
A silo on our bike ride
Live Oak at Magnolia Plantation in Charleston
Nesting Ibis at Magnolia Plantation
Camellia at Magnolia Plantation 
Boys at Magnolia Plantation
Thursday, April 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for posting. It has been too long! The photos from Botany Bay were so enticing. You know how much I love shelling....We may have to go there one of these days. Sorry the Auburn program did not measure up. I'm sure you guys will figure it all out and end up doing the best thing. Look forward to future installments, and to seeing you at the wedding next month!
Hi. It's me again! I meant to say Congratulations, Evan, for your good marks at the geography bee! We will look forward to next year's bee!
Post a Comment