Wednesday, November 12, 2008

We had a nice Veteran's Day today. The boys and I worked on a dog house for Charlie. We built a deck over part of the in-ground sandbox and then framed up a nice shelter. We still have to side it and roof it but it is looking good. I will post some photos once it is done. Michelle painted the rail near the front door and baked some pumpkin bread! yum! I hope you all had a nice day as well, and a big thanks to Dad for serving our country. Last weekend we went to Auburn to visit with some old friends, Timon and Tracy, and their two sons. We got together and tailgated before the Auburn homecoming game vs Tennessee Martin University. While Michelle had not been to a game in a long time, the boys and I had never been to an Auburn game. We were excited but we also realized it was not a BIG game. Auburn has had a disappointing season and homecoming games are typically ho-hum. We enjoyed the opening events, especially the Eagle flying out and it was a pretty day. The game and general energy level in the stadium was quite low and so it was a bit boring compared to a normal Auburn game. We did have fun and Auburn did win so hopefully we can try again next season. The boys got some new Auburn hats out of the deal. Here are the pictures..



1 comments:

G'ma J said...

Your trip to Auburn sounded fun and your Veterans Day even better. I know Charlie will be pleased with his new digs. I can smell that pumpkin bread from here!

Post a Comment