Saturday, March 15, 2008


Now that basketball all-stars no longer conflicts, Evan has been able to begin his baseball season. His team, the Cubs, played a couple practice games last week. Evan has never played before and his first attempt to bat was pretty sad. He had lost his glasses at the basketball tournament so he had to bat not only unexperienced but also fairly blind. To further add to his trauma each of his three at bats came with two outs and men on base. He struck out each time. It reminded me of my little league experience. It took a lot of encouragement and a new pair of sports glasses to get him to the next game. This time he did better. His first at bat was a strike out, second was an out from a foul that was caught by the catcher and the last time he got a good strong hit but was thrown out at first. The hit did give him a bit of encouragement and I think that with more practice he will be fine. I'll keep you posted.
This week sports are off due to spring break. Michelle is taking the boys to a couple of places so I can work on the punch list left over from our summer remodeling. Unfortunately my left knee has decided to really act up and was extremely swollen and painful for the past four days. I finally had to go to the doctor and had 20cc of fluid drained from it as well as getting it injected with laticane and steroids. It feels much better now but I am having to stay fairly immobile to help it get better. Hopefully it will feel better in time for me to get some work done.

3 comments:

TD said...

How's the knee today?

Anonymous said...

The video of the play and basketball games were great, I really enjoyed watching the boys.

Sorry about your knee; hope it starts feeling better soon.

Austin Fam

G'ma J said...

Evan,
Keep working on your baseball and you will be rewarded. It is harder to find enthusiasm for something you are not so good at when you start, but your improvement over time will make it all worthwhile.
Erik, so sorry about your knee. What caused it, anyway?

Post a Comment