Sunday, October 26, 2008


The boys both played good games this weekend. Evan had the early game against OLV (Our Lady of the Valley) This used to be their best competition of the season but this year the Rangers easily beat them 12-1. Evan played a great first half with several assists and two goals. He sat out most of the second half because his team played them 5 vs 6 to make it more competitive.

Ian's team played next and luckily it was on the same field. They also played an OLV team with similar results. The Patriots came out strong on offense and tough on defense. Ian played right back and almost scored with a clearing shot from half field. He also played keeper and midfield. He did not score but had a great game in their 4-0 win.
The boys are getting excited for Halloween. This year, Evan, who is into Norse mythology is going as a viking. I have a viking helmet with pig tails that I sometimes wear. He is wearing that with a beard. Michelle got some fake fur which he will wear over some shoulder pads to make him look bigger. Ian will be helping our bottom line be reusing his really scary skeleton zombie outfit from last year. Surprisingly it still fits. I will try to get a good picture of them.

There is only one regular season soccer game left, next weekend. Then we will have the Governor's Cup on Nov 15-16.

The boys will also be leaving another blog post today, hopefully.

Not too many shots this week and none of Evan unfortunately

1 comments:

G'ma J said...

I will surely miss the soccer updates when this season ends. Both boys have done very well, and I've enjoyed keeping tabs on their progress, thanks to your blog.
I meant to ask about their Halloween plans when we last spoke, so I am glad you mentioned it. I remember the Viking helmet - it will be fun to see how it looks on Evan. I loved Ian's skeleton costume last year - what a scary costume!! Since our neighbor's boys grew up, we have not had trick or treaters - it is a looong dark driveway and I wouldn't want to venture down here either. Thus, every year I buy one bag of Snickers bars and every year Byron starts sneaking them (before Halloween). I think he is safe.
Have a good time! I'll be looking for the pictures.

Post a Comment