Sunday, April 13, 2008


As I well remember from my forgettable experience in baseball...it can be a cruel game and boring to boot. Evan is getting to experience this. He typically plays outfield and not many get hit out there. So, when innings get drawn out by bad pitching it gets rather dull especially when compared to soccer. The cruelty comes when you get to be a hitter and then strike out, which happened twice to Evan yesterday. I think his quote was, "I am totally NOT going to play this again next season." So enjoy the photos as they may be the last. His soccer games are a lot more entertaining for the parents as well. The rangers played twice, on Friday they won 7-1 and Saturday 7-0. I have no photos as one was at night and the other I was at Ian's game. Ian's team got their first win 4-1. I will post about it tonight after today's 3pm game.

Stike three!

2 comments:

G'ma J said...

My sympathies to Evan. Baseball is a boring game in my opinion so I don't blame him for saying this would be "it." As a spectator through many a somewhat painful little league season with you, Erik, and also with Lee, I can only say I wish there had been more soccer :o)!

W'Mina Myers said...

Well, I'm in the minority -- I can get into baseball and like to play softball for fun, but I agree that watching baseball games is not nearly as exciting as watching basketball, football, soccer . . .

We especially enjoyed the couple of years Kelly played volleyball. But we're fans of almost all types of sports, professional bowling being the exception :)

I'm glad Evan decided to give baseball a try, and although he may ultimately decide never to play it again, at least he will have given it a good try and learned something new.

Austin Fam

Post a Comment